Selecting a centre
- During the online application process, you must select up to three examination centres, in order of preference.
- The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) makes every effort to provide you with a space at one of your requested centres; however, it cannot guarantee you assignment to one of these centres.
Confirmation of centre assignment
- Once MCC staff has assigned centres for all accepted candidates, these candidates will be sent a
communication to confirm availability of centre assignment information online and the expected mailing date of Entrance Card packages.
- A notice will also be posted on the MCC website.
- Entrance Card packages are mailed to accepted candidates approximately seven (7) weeks prior to the start of the examination session and include instructions on how to schedule your examination for a specific day at your examination centre.
Scheduling the examination date online
- The MCC cannot guarantee that you will be able to schedule your examination on a specific day within the examination period.
- You will be required to schedule your examination date through your MCC-Online account during the designated Part I scheduling period.
- Each centre has restrictions based on the size of its computer lab and
the number of days it can provide the examination.
- Even if your assigned centre is only running for one (1) day, you must schedule your examination date online in order to obtain your Personal Identification Number (PIN), which is required to log onto the computer on
the examination day.
- If you do not schedule your examination date during the designated Part I Scheduling period, an MCC staff member will manually assign you to one of the remaining available days at your assigned centre.
Request for scheduling
- In the event of a significant conflict (for example, another examination, overseas travel restrictions, etc.), a candidate may request consideration,
in advance of the designated Part I Scheduling period, to not be scheduled on a specific day.
- You cannot ‘change’ examination sessions. If you are assigned a centre, date and time to take the examination in the
spring session, and wish to delay taking the examination until the following
fall session or beyond, you will need to withdraw your application and reapply when you wish to take the examination.
- Notice of such a conflict, with supporting documentation and payment of the C$95 pre-scheduling fee, should be submitted once confirmation of centre assignment is obtained and the dates available at each of the centres are known.
Examination centre changes after centre assignment
Deadlines, fees, procedure for centre change requests
- After you have been assigned to a centre, a request for a centre change (within the session you applied for) will be considered, provided that a written request is submitted to the MCC by
Wednesday, March 20, 2013, for the spring 2013 session and space is available at the requested centre.
- A C$95 centre change fee will apply if the requested change can be accommodated.
- If the change is made, you will be required to return your Entrance Card before the new centre’s Entrance Card will be issued.
- When submitting a centre change request, you should keep in mind that if the Part I Scheduling period has already begun or has ended, the dates available at the requested centre will likely be very limited.
Examination date changes after the date has been scheduled
Deadlines, fees, procedure for date change requests
- A request for a date change will be considered provided that a written request is submitted to the MCC no later than
Wednesday, March 20, 2013, for the spring 2013 session and space is available on the requested date.
- A C$95 date change fee will apply if the requested change can be accommodated.
- If a centre change is required to accommodate the requested date change (and only if you approve this change),
only the C$95 centre change fee will apply.