Selecting a centre
- When applying for the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination Part II (MCCQE Part II) online, you must indicate your preferred examination centre(s), keeping in mind that the MCCQE Part II centres are not bilingual.
- The examination must be taken in English at an English centre and in French at a French centre.
- You are encouraged to provide three examination centre choices, in order of preference, during the online application process.
- While you may limit your choice to one centre, this does not improve the likelihood of being assigned to that particular centre.
- You increase the chances of being assigned to one of your preferred examination centres by submitting your completed application (including paper documentation) as early as possible.
- The Medical Council of Canada makes every effort to accommodate candidates’ centre choices; however, we cannot guarantee assignment to your preferred
- A message will be sent to all accepted candidates once the examination centres have been assigned. This message will explain how to view your
centre assignment through your MCC-Online account.
- An Entrance Card package will be mailed to you approximately seven weeks prior to the start of the examination session. Instructions on how to view your
centre assignment will also be included in this package.
- Once a centre has been assigned, a request for a change of examination
centre for the spring 2013 session will be considered only if received by
Tuesday, March 12, 2013.
Scheduling conflict (centre assignment)
If you have a significant conflict with respect to your centre assignment that you wish to have taken into consideration in the assignment process, an official request must be submitted at the time of application, accompanied by documentation to support the request. If the request is approved, a C$95
administration fee will apply.
Changing your centre
Deadlines and fees
- A request for a change to your examination centre will be considered for the
spring 2013 session, provided that a written request is submitted to the MCC by
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 and space is available at the requested centre.
- The applicable C$95 change fee will be charged to your MCC-Online account only if the requested change can be accommodated.
- You cannot “change” examination sessions. If you are assigned to take the examination in the
spring 2013 session and you wish to delay taking the examination until the
fall 2013 session or beyond, you will need to withdraw your application and reapply when you wish to take the examination.
- Note: Opportunities for change are very limited once the centre assignment process has taken place.