Changing the name on your LMCC documents
Please note that replacement LMCC documents due to name changes are
issued as "Duplicates of Original as Amended". Replacement documents for
reasons other than a name change are issued as "Duplicates".
Requirements for changing the name on your LMCC documents
- A written request providing:
- your full name (including any middle or former name, and current name)
- current contact information (address, phone number, e-mail)
- date of birth
- LMCC number (or MCC Candidate Code if available)
- signatures (former and new names)
- a statement confirming the request is for the
purpose of having the MCC recognize your legal name and for no other
or improper purpose
- a statement indicating that you acknowledge and agree that the Canadian
medical regulatory authorities will be notified in writing regarding your new name
- A legal, notarized order or other name change document (certified as a true copy of the original) confirming the former and new names.
- Return of the original LMCC documents (Testamur and Certificate of
Registration) to the MCC via courier.
NOTE: If you do not have your original LMCC documents, you must provide a statutory declaration (i.e., affidavit) certified by a lawyer or a notary public stating the reason why (e.g., documents lost, stolen, destroyed, etc.). The declaration must also state that if the original Certificate of Registration and/or Testamur is/are subsequently located, the original(s) will be returned to the MCC office.
- The appropriate service fees paid by Visa or Master Card and a completed Service Request form to replace both documents.