Consider making a difference in the Canadian medical landscape
. . . . . . . . .
Join a committee
As a test committee member, you will participate in creating high-quality examination content for our candidates. As a standing committee member, you will influence MCC policies and operations at various levels, such as appeals, legislation and research and development.
Become a Physician Examiner (PE)
As a PE, be present to observe and assess the patient-physician interaction at the Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs) and provide a valuable service to medical education and assessment in Canada.
Join a special interest group
As an expert in your field, consider joining or forming a special interest group. Help shape the MCC's policies around diversity and inclusion, anti-harassment and violence and modernization of assessments, among others.
Become a NAC PRA Assessor
As a NAC PRA Assessor, supervise and work with candidates in a rural or remote family practice setting in order to determine candidate readiness and qualification for independent practice in your province.
Striving to achieve the highest level of medical care in Canada through excellence in assessment of physicians
The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) has a legislated national mandate to assure Canadians that their doctors, wherever they are in Canada and whatever their medical specialty, meet the same demanding and consistent quality standards. As part of our mandate, we are responsible for:
- Providing the Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC) qualification for entry into practice
- Initiating and promoting, with partners, a national integrated strategy of assessment of physicians throughout their career
- Initiating and promoting innovation, research and development in assessment and evaluation
- Maintaining the Canadian Medical Register and promoting, with partners, the development of a national registry
- Maintaining and promoting liaison with competent provincial, national and international organizations in assessment and evaluation
- Maintaining the MCC’s standing as an open, transparent, responsive and accountable organization
Being part of these exams is a rewarding experience that allows me to give back to the medical profession.
— Dr. Julie Okapuu, Physician Examiner
It’s rewarding to work with other committee members in making sure that all of the exam questions are contributing in some meaningful and valid way to assessing each candidate’s ability.
— Dr. Brent Kvern, former Chair, Central Examination Committee
Stay up to date:
Learn more about MCC news and activities with our newsletter,
delivered straight to your inbox.