Medical Council of Canada

Replacing your LMCC documents

Replacing your Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada documents

Note that all replacement documents are issued as “duplicate” documents.

For information on replacement documents due to a name change, visit name change on your LMCC documents.

  • Return the original documents (Testamur and/or Certificate of Registration) to the Medical Council of Canada (MCC).

    : If you do not have your original document(s), you must provide an original statutory declaration (i.e., affidavit) certified by a lawyer or a notary public stating the reason why replacements are being requested (e.g., documents lost, stolen, destroyed, etc.). The declaration must also state that if the original Certificate of Registration and/or Testamur is/are subsequently located, either the originals or the replacement(s) will be returned to the MCC office.
  • Fill out a Request Form and send it to the MCC via mail. Upon reception of your form, we will apply a fee to your account and notify you. Your request form will be processed once you log into your account and make your payment. If you do not have a account, send an email to and an agent will be pleased to help you create one.