Vision, mission and strategic themes
Striving to achieve the highest level of medical care in Canada through excellence in assessment of physicians.
With the key stakeholders, the Medical Council of Canada:
- Develops, validates and implements tools and strategies to assess physicians’ competence; and
- Maintains a national registry of physicians and their qualifications throughout their professional careers.
- Respond to the changing role of the future physician
- Assessing the core competencies of all physicians prior to specialty training and certification
- Assessing in-practice physician competency
- Collection, management and dissemination of information
- Forming strategic alliances